Sunday, September 28, 2008

Buzz Cut!

I've been obsessing about my rapidly thinning hair all week. Eve's haircut was a relief (and looked really good), but the rate of thinning has been increasing daily. I lost so much hair in the shower yesterday that it was visibly different afterward.

This afternoon I was obsessing some more and trying to convince myself to just buzz it off and be done with it. I tried my logic on Noah and Margaret (it's a difference of a few days either way, this gives me some control over it, it's visibly thin anyway), but they thought it still looked like hair and I should stick it out a bit longer. I was feeling out of sorts, tired, and a little "fluey" anyway, so I settled on the fence (again).

Then Joseph came over between a Rebecca drop-off and an Alex pick-up. I told him what I really wanted was to take control of the situation and make it fun to shave my head, but I was too tired and icky feeling to pull it off. Always up for an adventure or novel experience, Joe leaped into action. He bought me three energy drinks at 7-11 to taste test to get me past my low-energy buzz-kill (Monster was the winner). Then he made sure the clippers were adjusted properly and told me I had to get moving so he could be home in time for dinner. Margaret was our videographer, Noah provided help, plus love and affirmation, and the rest is history...


3 comments:

Katy Ruff said...

Jen, the buzz cut is truly stunning on you. Do you regret not doing it years ago?

sun-inn said...

perfect head form!!

Jen said...

Kate, I do kind of regret not trying a buzz cut just for fun when I had all my hair. After all that angst it actually looks kind of cool - and would be a lot better if it weren't so patchy! When my hair grows back I may linger at the buzz length for a bit just to revel in it.