Saturday, September 20, 2008

First update via Blog

This blog is experimental. I have updated a number of people about my diagnosis (metastasized melanoma) and my treatment (chemo) via email, but I inevitably leave someone important off the list, or feel that I am spamming people who don't feel comfortable telling me they'll just ask if they want to know something about me. 

So, I'm going to see if blogging my updates works better. I'll send the URL out to folks, update the site periodically, and see if this turns out to be a good way keep people who want to know the latest up to date.

The latest, latest as of today (9/20) is that my second treatment this past Tuesday was uneventful. I still feel very well. I didn't get too tired. My hair has not begun to fall out yet. But I think I have beginning symptoms of numbness in my fingers and toes (mild enough that I'm not 100% sure it isn't my mind playing tricks on me). This is a symptom of neuropathy, which is a pretty common side effect of Abraxane (my chemo drug). I'll tell the doctors about it this week and we'll see if I skip a week of Abraxane, or if they reduce the dose. I think it will be one or the other. TTFN.

No comments: